I have had a cold this week. Whilst it wasn’t life threatening, it was a bit debilitating. Of course there is nothing like being in bed feeling under the weather to make you consider your health generally, well at least, I did. I came to a conclusion that is not new to me, and that is that I really need to Alkalise.
I am very short (4’ 10”) and over the last 15 years I have put on 3 stone in weight, so very noticeable.. Of course there are a number of reasons for this; being more sedentary, more contented, and also in the habit of having a cold Chardonnay most evenings!
All the signs are that my system is over acidic. This is backed up by an E-book I have just been reading by Mark Arnastasi called 11 Steps To Vibrant Health And Energy.
He makes a very convincing case for keeping a healthy PH Balance of 7.36. Other thought leaders whom I admire, such as Anthony Robbins and Bruce Lipton also champion the Alkaline diet. I am totally convinced; so what is stopping me? My Inner Saboteur!!
Like I said, this is not new to me, but as a lifelong meat eater and erstwhile Chardonnay drinker, I am very resistant to changing my eating and drinking habits. The madness of it! I would be so thrilled and delighted to be slimmer, trimmer and livelier
Well I am certainly preparing to seriously address the issue. I need to remind myself, that it is a 10 Day cleanse, and just take it 10 days at a time. The rewards seem substantial. Mark promises that my life will never be the same again, and that my health and life will be utterly transformed … in just 10 days!
Now, here’s the deal for each day of the 10 day challenge:-
· Ten minutes of long, slow deep breathing. No problem there.
· A cold shower every morning. I definitely don’t like the sound of that, but I won’t die of it
· Twenty minutes of exercise, six times in the 10 day period. There we have it; this is the part that gets me. I know I sound like a woose I am just not very disciplined. I can probably do it for 2×10 minute sessions, rather than 20 minutes. The trouble is, I find it all very boring…. but, the next part will probably solve that problem
· Focus the mind on life goals and who you would be if you knew you couldn’t fail. Think about what excites you about life. Now that sounds like fun!
· Drink plenty of water, with “Greens”. I don’t like the taste of the “Greens”, particularly in large quantities, but I will definitely have a go. It strikes me this is one of the most important aspects of actually alkalising my system
· Optimise nutrition with lots of green vegetables, raw food and appropriate supplements. Well, I am studying Kinesiology at the moment and am already convinced about the usefulness of these.
o Eliminate sugar, salt and vinegar, tobacco, caffeine, alcohol and soft drinks. No problem there except for the Chardonnay (One day at a time J)
o Eliminate meat and dairy products
o Don’t eat carbohydrates and proteins together. Now that is the tricky bit. I already try to keep my carbohydrate intake down, but will need to look into this part a bit more, although I think it is crucial to losing weight.
· Rest. Get appropriate amounts of good sleep and perhaps have a massage or do some meditation.
Now that I have thought this through, I am quite determined to do it from New Year’s Day. This is not about dieting to lose weight, but rather about creating the conditions to be slim, healthy and energetic in 2013.
Will You Join Me?
What about you? Will you join me? My plan is to write about my progress and challenges each day. I figure this is a way of making myself more accountable, but also will make the whole endeavour more interesting; something like a little piece of research. Watch this space. J
Live, Love, Laugh and Be Happy